10 March 2003

Up and limping with J2EE

Today I decided that writing my own application deployment descriptors was unnecessary drudgery, so I tried out xdoclet. It doesn’t work, I get various stupid error messages that I see (from the mailing list) have been reported by other people too. I strongly suspect crapulence on xdoclet’s part, since its API changed between release 1.1 and 1.2, and will change again completely for 2.0, which is a complete rewrite. (A lot of Java projects are like this.)

Oh well. Maybe one day they’ll integrate the functionality into ant where it belongs.

Related posts

If you liked that post, you might like one of these:

© mathew 2017