Choice statistics from last week’s CBS poll of the average American:
- 61% disapprove of Bush’s handling of the war in Iraq.
- 65% believe the country is heading in the wrong direction.
- 81% think the torture at Abu Ghraib was unjustified.
- 51% think the Pentagon tried to cover it up.
- 20% think the Bush administration has increased jobs, 49% think they’ve decreased jobs.
There’s more in this week’s poll:
- 80% thought Bush was either “hiding something” or “mostly lying” in his statements on Iraq.
- 55% think the war in Iraq has created more anti-American terrorists.
- Only 13% think America is safer as a result of the war.
And rounding off a fairly solid victory for reality, only 29% of people have a favorable opinion of John Kerry.