Someone should build a web site where you select a bunch of options:
- Dynamic or static?
- Strongly or weakly typed?
- Functional or OO?
- Block markers or semantic whitespace?
- Automatic or manual memory allocation?
- UTF-8 or legacy crap?
- What index is the first element of an array?
- Immutable or mutable variables?
…and click a button, and it spits out a skeleton programming language for you.
Some days it seems like someone must already have done so.
Not that I want to go back to the days when there were only a handful of languages anyone used, and almost everything was C or C++. In a way we’ve entered a golden age of new language experimentation.